At Hidden Valley Animal Hospital, we truly believe in the importance of preventative care as a way to keep pets healthy.
We recommend routine examinations for your pets because they are the best way to promote overall health. It gives our veterinarians a chance to look at your pets’ overall condition and their weight. It is always good to have a baseline, just in case your pets ever get sick.
Our goal with these examinations is to find any problems before they become serious. The longer these problems go undiscovered, the worse off your pets will be.
However, routine visits are more than just the examination. We enjoy hearing about your pets and how things are going. Conversation also allows us to determine if there might be something to look into further. Determining if your pets are up to date on their vaccinations is also important. We will also make sure you have enough flea and tick medication along with heartworm preventative.
If you have any questions about preventative care or to schedule an appointment, please don’t hesitate to contact us today at (816) 795-7387.
Did you know…
- Currently, approximately 1 million animals tested positive for heartworms in the United States, which can lead to heart failure.
- 85% of adult dogs and cats have some form of dental disease, which, if left untreated can spread harmful bacteria to the blood stream and lead to infection of the heart, lungs, liver, and kidneys? (This is on top of pain, bad breath, and tooth loss.)
- More than 25% of the dogs and cats are obese, which potentially can lead to many of the same problems as with people who have this situation?
- There are a number of health conditions that may improve if treated with a therapeutic diet, including kidney disease, food allergies, and obesity?
- When your dog or cat is 7 years old or older, it is considered a senior and would likely benefit from additional diagnostic tests?